Business Need: The client, a leading energy company, sought to implement an enterprise-wide Content and Records Management program to minimize risk, ensure proper governance, and manage retention.
The client chose to implement IBM FileNet as the enterprise platform for managing the full lifecycle of unstructured information. Integro, a 20-year IBM Business Partner and FileNet expert helped implement the solution, which included a full array of IBM Information Lifecycle Governance products. Integro also provided extensive training to equip in-house resource with the skills and knowledge to support, maintain, and use the solution.
The client is highly satisfied with the end solution and most unstructured information is now being properly managed – the good (records), the relevant (work in process, reference, etc.), and the ugly (what is no longer needed). All have specific retention that allows the company to adhere to its policies and regulatory requirements. By adding the IBM Information Governance solution to the FileNet foundation that had been implemented, the client was able to leverage existing investments in FileNet technology. The solution has provided the following benefits:
- Enterprise-wide compliance with corporate policies and procedures for all paper and electronic information, legal and regulatory requirements, and preservation obligations.
- Records and information are being managed as a business critical asset, equal to management of cash, people, and equipment.
- A global framework was established for ECRM, including authority, accountability, control, and management.
- Enterprise specific practices are now in place for the creation, organization, retention, and destruction of records.
- All employees are aware of and able to execute their ECRM responsibilities. Everything is in one place and easy to find.
- All business content now resides on company approved storage devices.
- The legal department can effectively issue and track all legal hold notices.
- Litigation costs can be reduced using IBM’s eDiscovery collection and analytic tools by reducing the amount of data that is sent to external counsel for review.
- Custom reports can be created to monitor the business.
- FileNet P8
- IBM Enterprise Records
- IBM Global Retention Policy and Schedule Management
- IBM Atlas Disposal and Governance Management for IT
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence
- IBM Content Navigator
- IBM eDM
- IBM eDA
- Atlas eDiscovery Process Management